Old 21-11-2005, 08:39 PM
penance penance is offline
Registered User

Location: Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Thanks for responding, Ingrid.

Sorry, I failed to mention I'm in Zone 9. Do you think it'd be too
late to prune the Wilt Chamberlain branch right now (where we're having
unseasonably warm weather (highs in the 70's!)?

-Fleemo
I have no idea on your zone stuff in the USA, but in the UK you should never prune a fruit tree during winter, or even early spring if more frost is likely.
The reason is silver leaf fungus, the spores are about in the cold times, any open wound (cut) is an easy entry point for the fungal infection.
It would be worth some web searching to see if silver leaf is in your area.
Carrot Cruncher.