Old 21-11-2005, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Warren

Default master gardener

Ann wrote:
paghat expounded:
The reality is that the University of Massachusetts Extension Service,
assessing the master gardeners system as of very little value when it
comes to education, stopped supporting a program that wasted University
resources on what never became more than a social outlet for a very few
amateur gardeners (some knowledgeable most not so much but none
knowledgeable due to a workshop series & volunteer service). Now
volunteer service is praiseworthy, but these volunteers are just about
always lousy sources of horticultural information.

Oh blah, blah, blah, Paghat. I live here. I know the reputation of
all, the Mass. Hort. Society, the UMass Extension service (both via
the university and via the service, Dr. Lyle Craker is a personal
friend of mine - oh, that means you'll do a character assasination on
him. Sorry, Lyle!) and the Master Gardener Program. You haven't
got a clue other than going on your usual rant against Master
Gardeners. Diarrhea of the fingertips doesn't mean you know
everything.

Oooo. What a great comeback. You've convinced me. Or did you?

You didn't really say anything. You said you live somewhere, and you have a
friend who's involved somehow (which isn't even very clear). And you said
that paghat is wrong. But you really didn't do anything but express an
unsupported opinion of paghat's assessment.

If you disagree, what parts of what paghat said do you disagree with? And
why? What can you add to support your opinion other than making it a
she-said/she-said thing? Ultimately, all you've convinced me of is that you
have no respect for paghat. You didn't address the issue at all. Your post
was all personal attack, and no substanance.

Do you have any real information to add? Or should we simply take your
opinion over paghat's substantiated opinion because of your good name? (Or
the one name you dropped?)

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.

This fall, vacuum up your leaves instead of raking:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...r/blowers.html