Old 21-11-2005, 08:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default my new lawn has weeds & appears in bad shape

I live in Florida, the lawn is st. augustine.
Someone please help. My new residence had new sod placed since june
2005, 6 months ago.

Here's what I have done to maintain the soil:
1)Fertilized with scotts turf builder once a month.
2)Mow 4 times a month. I situate the blade position at a height
reasonable enough to mow the top of the grass, so as not to mow too
close to the soil.
3)Water at least 5x a week, early in the morning.

Yet, I have noticed that the lawn is in bad shape. Here's a list of
annoyances:
1)slender stalks of weed sprouting out.
2)bald patches.
3)thatch.

Is there anything else I can do to "cure" my lawn?
Should I call for a re-sodding?

It's annoying that the neighbor across the street has such a nice green
lawn, while mine, being 6 month old, is crappy & in total blight.