Old 21-11-2005, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default My poor orchid! How to revive it?

"nooty" wrote on URG via gardenbanter.co.uk...

I got the most beautiful orchid for passing my degree in July. I did
everything the little booklet that came with it said - I watered it
when it said to, didn't have it in direct sunlight etc... but then all
the flowers fell off and they haven't returned.

At first, I thought the flowers had had their day, or maybe they only
flower at certain times of the year. But then when I went to my
Auntie's, hers are absolutely gorgeous!!

Can anybody help me out?? I've tried looking for information on this
site, as well as many others. I haven't had chance to get to a garden
centre yet, and I am wary of it, because they sometimes have a habit of
selling me things I don't need...

I love gardening, but I don't know a lot about the actual
technicalities of gardening, so I just don't know what to do with the
orchid, but I wanted to keep it going because I got it for a special
occasion.

If you can give me some advice, I'd be hugely grateful.

What species or hybrid orchid are we talking about?
Considering the number of orchids and range of habitats they grow in it is
important.

--
Regards
Bob