Old 22-11-2005, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
ioc

Default How do you get rid of Moles?

I knew that it was a misconception that they stay underground... but I did
not realize how many of them come up at night. What I was surprised most by
was the first time I went after them with this stuff mounting a large
offensive on them was, just how many of them came up to die. I can't explain
why but suspect they are looking for water (does this stuff dehydrate them
like rat poison? I dunno) as that is the reason for their overnight behavior
(looking for food and etc).

I'm no expert, I just know that they get more active at the surface level
here in the fall and spring and putting some Mole Patrol in the holes or
even moving a little dirt gently with a spade and then replacing it
carefully gets results. They recolonize tunnels out here in the country so
the fight never ends.

To the original poster, maybe you are seeing a freeze/thaw heave of past
infestations but it can't hurt to nuke the gnawing little bastiids in a few
places just in case.

wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you find the carcasses of these subterranean critters once
they're dead?

-Fleemo