Old 22-11-2005, 11:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jake H.

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:35:36 -0600, tightwad wrote:
Well, I hope you and other Stockholders, in Sears, start getting the
outfit back on course. I hate to see what is becoming of a former
American Institution. They bought Western Auto, gutted it and sold it to
Pep Boys. They bought KMart and are in the process of guttin it.
They are *******izing the Craftsman name and milking the Sears good name
til there won't be a "Sears" in a decade. you can no longer buysporting
Goods or Firearms from Sears. Their Automotive Department is a joke.
They bought NTW and gutted it and sold it Tire Kingdom which is cluster
f**k. Service and Warranty from Sears is only as good as the cheapest
outfit they can place it with.

Lord knows I share your concerns. No one likes the fact that China
and Mexico have taken over virtually all of our manufacturing. How
nice it would be to buy something "Made in USA" again... or to get
someone in customer support on the phone who is not sitting in Bombay,
India. It's practically impossible now. And having the old Sears
back would be a great start at reform... but we both know that it
isn't going to happen. Welcome to the new reality.

I'm afraid that the extent of holdings in my 401(k)... which is now
more like a 101(z)... isn't going to impress anyone. If my
calculations are right, I will be able to buy exactly four (4)
McDonald's cheeseburgers on the day I retire before my 401(k) is
completely exhausted.

So much for 40 years of hard work making other people rich.

Jake