Old 22-11-2005, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kay

Default My poor orchid! How to revive it?

In article , Claire
Brewer writes

Don't get rid of the stalk that had the flowers on it, it should flower
again. Above all, be patient. Orchids take their time growing, but in
my experience the flowers won't last long.

Individual flowers maybe not, but the stem whose first flower bud opened
at the end of March still has 3 flowers open on it.

This is a Phalaenopsis which is on of the ones that will reflower from
the original flowering stem (it's the reflowering I'm talking about
above - the original flowering was in 2004).

Other orchids may not retain their flowers so long, and may not reflower
from the same stem.

--
Kay