Old 02-02-2003, 07:47 PM
PaulK

Default Fast-growing but attractive hedge required, apply within

"Richard" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience of Lonicera nitida or could they suggest

an
alternative?

Thank you, in advance.

Richard.

You don't say whether you are looking for a formal
(neat/clipped/rectangular) or informal hedge. My only experience of
L.nitidia is that it is rather too lax in growth to make a good formal hedge
but would be fine for an informal hedge.

My preference is for Yew for a formal hedge. Plants are available at almost
any size - I put a hedge in last week in a London front garden 8# 4ft bushy
rootballed plants at 60cm centres @ £11+vat per plant ex trade nursery.
Instant solid hedge which will grow 6/9" this year.

pk