Old 22-11-2005, 07:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Travis

Default sticky substance on my leaves????

wrote:
Greetings, I have a large yard full of two types of beautiful
bamboo. I have No clue their names. I live on Martha's Vineyard
Island, Massachusetts. For the first time I put some in a
large
pot and put it in front of my very sunny sliding door. It has
been
growing like crazy! I even had to prune it already. However
about
two weeks ago it seems that the leaves are producing some type
of
sticky substance and it seems there are thousands of little,
possibly seeds clinging to the leaves. I have never seen this
before as this is the first time I have taken bamboo from my
yard
into the house. It is beautiful and seems to still be growing
healthy as can be but have No idea what this sticky substance
is
or what those seed looking things are? " Can anybody Advise"
Thanks!!

Can you post a picture on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens?

Sounds like you might have aphids.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5