Old 22-11-2005, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Soy beans

The message
from Janet Galpin contains these words:

If it were unsafe, soy flour and soy milk would not be permitted.

Some sources seem to suggest that eaten as beans there is some risk but
processed they are fine.
The risk is perhaps only for pregnant women. I am pleased to say that I
can safely say I have no cause for concern on that front!

Butbutbutbutbut - soy milk is only processed in that soy meal is soaked
in water, and soy flour isn't always cooked for long. In some ice creams
it isn't even brought to boiling-point (of water) during manufacture.
(BT,DT,GTTS)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/