Old 02-02-2003, 11:13 PM
sacha

Default Snowdrops

in article , June Hughes at
wrote on 2/2/03 11:06 pm:

In article , sacha
writes
in article , June Hughes at
wrote on 29/1/03 11:36 pm:

In article , Cavalier
writes
Hi Group
If I pick some snowdrops will these plants flower next year? Anyone know.

Yes, they divide and spread, so you will have to thin them out in
spring. Bas claims to hate gardening but his snowdrops are a picture
every year.

Re thinning them out, I must say we never touch ours. I should think there
are literally millions here, all of them planted decades ago.

You know best. However, in a pocket-handkerchief space, unless you thin
them, there is nothing else in the ground but snowdrops. Unfortunately,
not all of us are blessed with a huge garden

Most emphatically I do *not* know best. I can only share with others what is
my/our experience, just like everyone else - space and size of garden has
nothing to do with that. What I had hoped to point out was they don't need
to be thinned out to flower 'next year'. The original post appeared to be
answered in that vein.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk