Old 23-11-2005, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy

Default Ipomoea seeds

"Tony Carnell" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all,

I have a friend who has asked me a question that I thought I'd pose to
those more knowledgeable than myself.

He has grown some Ipomoea (Morning Glory) this summer and was very
successful. As a consequence he has a mass of seeds.

If he saves these seeds to sow next year, will they come true to type?

I told him that I thought they would as long as they weren't F1 hybrids (I
don't know if you can get F1 hybrid Ipomoea).
Am I right in my opinion?

Any advice is very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,
Tony.

I save seeds from my Ipomea and they come true to type.
They are the dark purpley-blue variety.

For effect, next year I will mix them with some of a different colour (
reddish I think ), so That'll be an interesting experiment.

Andy