Old 23-11-2005, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Daphne bholua

On 23/11/05 12:47 am, in article ,
"Janet Galpin" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

On 22/11/05 17:33, in article
, "Trevor"
wrote:

Mine too has several flowers out. (the busk now 2.5 m high) My most prized
plant in the garden (var darjeeling) also has Clematis cirrosa in flower
trailing through it.

This is early, isn't it? Even for this wonderful shrub! We have C.
cirrhosa in the front of the house, where we park our own cars, so I'll have
to check that tomorrow morning!
--

My C. cirrhosa 'Freckles' seldom seems to be out of flower. Never
spectacular but just carries on gamefully. I'm a bit vague about exactly

I think - not sure - that I've mentioned on here before that I saw it grown
low down and along a fence. It worked much better than the usual way of
letting it gallop to the top of a trellis and flower at the top, virtually
out of sight!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk