Old 23-11-2005, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default What to plant under Yew tree "shade" ?

Spider wrote:
Under my Yew tree, I am successfully growing Snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis),
an unknown species of viola, a spreading clump of variegated Aspidistra -
suitably hardened off first, of course!
Without my consent, I also have growing Geum urbium, the Wood Avens and what
I believe is Enchanter's Nightshade (Circaea lutetiana).

Oops ... I forgot in my admiration .... the geum is the 'urbanum' not
urbium?! Urbium is the saxifraga is it not?

But it doesn't really matter. It still sounds really nice.