Old 23-11-2005, 05:05 PM posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Patrick Cleburne

Default Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

"jim" wrote in message
This 3-year-old tractor has always had a problem stalling when
engaging the PTO. Today, it came back from seasonal maintenance. I
wanted to give it one last run before retiring it for winter. Kept
conking out whenever I tried to activate the mower blades.

Diagnosis and treatment options, please.

I had a lawnmower that did that when engaging the blade and drive. Problem
turned out to be a gummed/crudded up carburetor.

Fixed it by removing the carb bowl (just one bolt held mine in there) and
spraying about half a can of carb cleaner up inside from as many angles as I
could using the little extension tube that came with the can-- including
tipping mower on its side.

Patrick