Old 23-11-2005, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Tynk

Default Regarding Koi-Lo's "info" = )~

Zod wrote:
Tynk wrote:
For those that have already sent this person to the killfile, it makes
me wonder about the bogus info this person is giving out. Newbies don't
know the difference.

Carolyn Adamo Gulley is a known liar. She pretends expertise. This has
been discussed before. Hop over to rec.ponds to see all her garbage
there.

A HUGE sorry to the regs that have already killfile'd their posts and

see a million by me correcting the "info" this person is dishing out.
There's enough bogus and downright BAD info out there on these fish
that are very special to me....as much as Angelfish are, and I cannot
just ignore it.

Thanks Zod.
I was warned about this person. This was why I created this post and
saying sorry to the other regs here who may see a million of my posts
correcting her bad and bogus "info" when it comes to these fish. I fear
a newbie may take their "advice" and house a beautiful Betta in a tiny
glass bowl they think is fine to do.
Sheesh! Simply because a fish will survive horrible conditions doens't
make it fine, or that they thrive.
The simple fact that they say ALL their Bettas live to 4 yrs of age is
hillarious.
Being a breeder and hobbyist, I keep all my "pet" Bettas in the best
possible conditions that they can ever have and sure, many live 4, 5,
and a few well over 6 yrs of age. However, the average is 2-3 yrs. It's
rediculous to claim that ALL of their Bettas lived for 4 yrs. Anyone
who breeds them, or has gotten them from a breeder and knows their
birthdates, had them till the day they die knows the true average of a
Bettas lifespan.
They also seem to think I *don't* try and do anything about the
horrible conditions they are kept in at local shops and chains stores.
Let me tell you, I sure do!! I print out care sheets, I stand there
until somebody comes to clean filthy containers. I explain to every
employee that the locals shops get in about their proper care, and
where to research it etc.
I spend hours every week onthe puter doing the same.
It wasn't like this nearly 30 yrs ago. Sure they may have been kept in
smaller bowls (Not in the local shops I went to as a child, the males
were in the tanks), but they were treated like any other tropical fish,
except that you couldn't house 2 males together.
No body kept them in tiny little bowls.
I write to companies that sell these tiny Betta tanks, bowls, jars,
vases, etc and explain the proper care. Of course money wins every time
and what do they care about the fish...they care about the all mighty
dollar.
When I sell my Betta stock I ask the person how they plan on housing
the fish.
If they say anything smaller than a gallon, I won't sell to them.
The mass bred fish farmers don't give a crap, and just want the cash.
That's the reason why veils are so sickly now a days. Way too much
inbreeding and mass breeding to keep the lines healthy.
The veils of present couldn't hold a candle to the veils of the past.
Now the mass breeders are trashing the Crowntails and Deltas soon too.
The spindly looking Crowntails out there are proof of what mass
breeding is doing to these fish.
People who don't know any better (or don't care), house them in poor
conditions, they die off quickly, they buy another to replace it.
That's why the shops buy and sell so many each week.
It's really quite sad.