Old 23-11-2005, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Koi-lo

Default Regarding Koi-Lo's "info" on bowls and tanks

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Zod.
I was warned about this person.

$$ Warned that I keep bettas in less than 2 gallon heated and filtered
tanks? That's never been a secret. LOL!!!

This was why I created this post and
saying sorry to the other regs here who may see a million of my posts
correcting her bad and bogus "info" when it comes to these fish.

$$ The information is not BOGUS as millions of bettas are kept in less than
2 gallon heated and filtered tanks.

I fear
a newbie may take their "advice" and house a beautiful Betta in a tiny
glass bowl they think is fine to do.

$$ A tiny glass bowl?

Sheesh! Simply because a fish will survive horrible conditions doens't
make it fine, or that they thrive.

$$ Sheesh! Millions of them thrive in other than 2 gallon heated and
filtered tanks.

The simple fact that they say ALL their Bettas live to 4 yrs of age is
hillarious.

$$ Hahahahaha!!!! It is hilarious! :-D Mine do! I seldom lose one
unless I leave then in someone else's care. You need to breed a hardier
strain of bettas. Maybe you're inbreeding them too closely.

Being a breeder and hobbyist, I keep all my "pet" Bettas in the best
possible conditions that they can ever have and sure, many live 4, 5,
and a few well over 6 yrs of age. However, the average is 2-3 yrs.

$$ The average they live at my house is 4 years, some to almost 4 1/2. What
next - yours live 8 to 10 years?

It's
rediculous to claim that ALL of their Bettas lived for 4 yrs.

$$ It's ridiculous to claim you know how long someone else's fish live.
Yes, a healthy betta lives for 4 years in these unheated unfiltered "bowls"
or large jars. Why does that bother you so much? I'm starting to think
you own stock in a fishtank, filter or heater company -or maybe you have
stock in a chain pet-shop :-) When I see you fighting for the better
treatment of these fish in the stores that sell them to people, along with a
tiny 8 oz. ivy bowl they're also sold to keep them in, I will know you are
sincere. Until then........ it's all so much hot air!

Snip same old rant.....

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastadaisy