Old 23-11-2005, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Koi-lo

Default Regarding Koi-Lo's "info" on bowls and tanks

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...

Koi-lo wrote:
Ditto! You've been baiting and ragging on me over this betta issue for
days
now. Even seeing the pictures you think you're being baited, that I put
them up just to bait you,.... a total stranger. I don't know what your
motive is but I have a good idea. Again, try and have a happy holiday.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

You've been baiting and ragging on me over this betta issue for days
now. Even seeing the pictures you think you're being baited

===================
I HAVE seen the pictures and it's PROOF that you are housing them in
tiny Ivy bowls.

## What tiny ivy bowls? These bowls hold slightly less than 1/2 gallon of
water and are changed weekly. Ammonia and nitrites are zero.

That is UNSUITABLE for housing Bettas!

## In your opinion. Millions of bettas are housed in smaller containers
than these.

In your pictures that boast about, it clearly shows things around them
for size comparison.

## So? These hold slightly less than 1/2 gallon of water. Ammonia and
nitrites are zero.

They are much too tiny to house Bettas in. It's cruel.

## That's YOUR OPINION. It's cruel to breed them, sell them and not know
where they're going to end up. Next you'll claim you personally visit every
household your thousands of young fish go to to make sure all get heated,
filtered tanks. That must take at least 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365
days a year......... when do you have time for anything else?

And damned right I'm ragging at you for it because you seem to think
it's all fine and dandy.

## You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. They live 4
years, sometimes longer in these bowls and jars, are well fed and can see
each other, us and look out the window. Now if you're so concerned you can
donate 9 or 10 heated filtered 2 gallon tanks and I will try and find space
for them somewhere in my sunroom.

It simply is not right.

## Nor is it right for you to force your views on someone else who has
successfully kept and bred bettas themselves.

You wouldn't house a Koi, fully grown in a 20g tank would you?

## Now you're going to compare them with koi? I don't think so.....

Same difference. Yet you think it's perfectly fine to do it to Bettas.

## What am I doing to them? Next you'll claim you personally visit every
household your thousands of young fish go to to make sure all get heated,
filtered tanks. That must take at least 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365
days a year......... when do you have time for anything else? Do you
purchase heated, filtered 2 gallon tanks for your culls and those unsold or
do you euthanize them? You must be very rich and live in a huge house.

Why on earth would you take proper care of only some of your animals?

## But that's YOUR OPINION. It's cruel to breed them, sell them and not
know where they're going to end up. Or do you personally visit every
household your thousands of young fish go to to make sure all get heated,
filtered tanks or special heated rooms to themselves.

Once again, Ivy bowls are MUCH too small

## Once again. I don't have ivy bowls. :-) If you'd care to send me 9 or
10 tanks complete with filters and heaters I will try and find space in the
sunroom. Too bad I'm not rich like you, huh? These are the prices,
rounded off that I found in catalogs and at PetSmart.

2 gallon tank = $10.00
25w submersible or short heater = $17.00
Thermometer = $3.00
Small Azoo filter w/extra pads = 7.00

Times 10 bettas = $370.00