Old 23-11-2005, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Weeding

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

2001 is virtually yesterday. The charsets used in mail and news should
conform to a standard. Unfortunately, the standard doesn't include the
Euro sign, and the problem with changing the standard is that everyone
in the world would have to upgrade their software to accommodate it.

It is far worse than that, but the details are way off-group. I am
no expert, but know rather more than most people (translation: don't
rattle my cage, as I could go on for many hours - but I wouldn't be
able to give a full week's seminar on this).

Programs which will compose non-standard characters are, IMO, a pain.

That is a gross understatement. In general, they are just plain
broken.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.