Old 23-11-2005, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Weeding

On 23/11/05 9:26 pm, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Mike Lyle wrote:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from
(Nick Maclaren) contains these words:

Admittedly, if it DID reach me as one, I would be worrying how

you
had hacked into my computer :-) Usenet uses ASCII - there is no
Euro symbol in ASCII.

Alt + 0128 = Euro
Alt + 0208 = Deutchmark

OK, I'll try.
Alt+0128...?
Alt+1208...‹

How'd I do?

Well, there we a DMark fine, but euro, question mark. As I, too,
thought, there really is no euro symbol in ASCII, which is a pretty
old convention, after all.

I have no idea but.....€ is the Euro symbol produced by the alt key alone
on my Mac using what my own headers tell me is
Microsoft-Entourage/10.0.0.1309. I'll be interested to see how it turns
out when I see it as posted to the group.

PS: Having tried to press 'send' I'm now told this has to be sent as
Unicode which might not work with 'older mail clients'. As I feel that I
fit firmly into that bracket, I'm going to say 'yes'. Anything for a new
experience........
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk