Old 24-11-2005, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Default multiple-spike Phals!!!

Well, I went out and sprung for 2 floresenct grow lights, then thought
what the heck and picked up a 500w Halogen, $5.99 who could resist.

I've got the 2 grow lights on a 12 hr cycle (1600 luemen combined) with
an hour or two of the halogen for good luck, besides that halogen
really does the trick for sads. (gotta remember to wear sunglasses

I've been doing that for 3 days, and my 2 spikes in bud have picked up
color. I'm worried that I might go overboard with the halogen, but my
cats seem to like it.

PS, one of the first home improvement to my house (once it FINNALLY
CLOSES) in Peters Creek will be a greenhouse, but I'm haveing a hard
time on whether to build a lean-to/addition on the side of the house,
or a free standing. Oh that and I could do with 12ft, but think of
everything I could put in a 40ft.