Old 24-11-2005, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper

Default Rolawns lawn not taking - been down 4 weeks now

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
pied piper wrote:
"thisisitnow" wrote in message
If you are going to cut, do not use a flymo type, as it will suck

the
lawn up like a carpet.

Cut with a cylinder mower.

Personally I would not touch it until the spring.

Agreed.

These sorts of turf have already been heavily fertilised by the
suppliers, so do not add any more. Thats why I always use a local
supplier who I know, and who apply only a light feed.

Fertilise with an autumn feed this will do it no harm realy you
should have applied an autumn feed to the soil prior to turfing

I don't really think so, unless the soil is genuinely impoverished.
Too much feed _can_ do harm, and is certainly a waste outside the
growing season. Many lawns are overfed to the point of obesity,
anyhow: they rarely need extra nourishment -- certainly not the
constant annual applications which are designed to stimulate
fertiliser companies into lush growth and give gardening writers
something to write about.

Much more important is to prepare the soil into a loose but settled
tilth before the turf arrives -- exactly the same as for sowing seed.
Which is why seed is usually not only better, not only cheaper, but
actually less work. Having said that, though, I simply say relax and
let the stuff grow: you can get away with murder.

--
Mike.

So all the experts are wrong about fertiliser and you are right dont be so
cynical