Old 24-11-2005, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Weeding

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Further to an earlier post, Janet Barraclough (I think?) said she dealt
with weeds on her driveway and other paths with a flame-thrower rather
than chemicals.
I rather like the sound of it, and have found somethign called the Weed
Wizard, a small hand-held flamethrower which operates with a small
bottle of butane, for what seems a reasonable cost of ?39.
Bearing in mind the huge cost of Pathclear for the surface I need to
treat, the fact that it is a toxic chemical, and that it is making
little enough impression - except stunting their growth - on my weeds
this time of year, I am very tempted by this tool. It also has the
potential of being used even in beds (plant beds, that is...).
Has anyone else here any experience of this tool? Is it any good? How
widely available are the small butane bottles? How dear are they?
Thank you for any helpful comment!

Cat(h)
Herds twirl slow...

I've never found them to be any use at all, the roots are not destroyed and
they grow again.

The only real solution is one of the chemicals.

Alan