Old 24-11-2005, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
ioc

Default How do you get rid of Moles?

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
Rat poison doesn't dehydrate rats, they bleed to death.

Depends on the type of poison

Curious to know what rat toxin is supposed to cause dehydration. Think
the dehydration tale came from either the fact of one; the medical
equivalent of warafin (early anti-coagulant in rat bait) did cause a
thirsty sensation in the people that was on it, but it didn't have the
same effect on rodents, or two; just a lazy exterminator..."No Mrs.
Jones, the rats won't die in the attic, they will go outside to look for
water and die."

The local township agents always said that this is why they leave the barn
as opposed to dying in it when you use the Blue Death that they distribute.
Preferring to believe the local officials over some guy on usenet I looked
around a little this morning and it looks as though the bleeding causes the
thirst, at least according to a few sites, so they may both be right. I
can't believe I spent time looking at that on Thanksgiving... won't waste
any more of my day on it, that's for sure!

Our problem with Blue Death is that they become accustomed to it if you use
the same thing every year. Found where they used the stuff for bedding once!
We now switch off with Rampage at times though the agents don't give that
kind for free. Rampage is also very good near the house (like near the pole
building we park in) when you see them as it nails them in hours before they
can have litters.

Interesting side note, if ya believe in predicting weather the old fashioned
way: Usually they don't make the big move until about the time of the fall
plowing but they started moving indoors a good month ahead of time in spite
of a warm fall. At one time that would have indicated a harsh winter ahead,
but today's rats are likely more high tech than that :-)