Old 03-02-2003, 04:09 PM
noone

Default Houseplant advice

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:02:25 -0000, "JimM"
wrote:

A bit late, perhaps .......

I have two of these, one very large and luxuriant, the other tall but
not so luxuriant (both live in the same room). Both have dropped leaves
this winter, but the one with the most dramatic leaf drop was the one I
had accidentally and significantly overwatered.

I had great success last year in promoting "lower stem growth" by
pricing out the growling tips, and having the plants one at a time in a
south facing porch (double glazed) throughout half the spring, summer
and autumn each. Well fertilised, I would say I ended up with 4 - 8 new
growing points on each main stem of each plant. Seems the heat and or
light did the trick!