Old 24-11-2005, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Roscoe

Default Ipomoea seeds

Mine have! I 've saved Ipomoea seeds for the past six years and they have
always flowered true to type, 'Star of Yalta'; now it seems re-named,
'Grandpa Otts'. However, a friend in the USA sent me seeds of his
I.quamoclit 'Cardinal Climber', which came to nothing. Perhaps the seeds
needed more warmth early spring here in the UK.

Mike Roscoe
----
Remove the 'cold stuff' to reply.
----
"Tony Carnell" wrote: .
Hi all,

I have a friend who has asked me a question that I thought I'd pose to
those more knowledgeable than myself.

He has grown some Ipomoea (Morning Glory) this summer and was very
successful. As a consequence he has a mass of seeds.

If he saves these seeds to sow next year, will they come true to type?