Old 24-11-2005, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Delurk

"Bob Hobden" wrote

Jim wrote
Anyway this may be a query for Bob.
Some time back I think I saw 50 gallon oildrums for sale somewhere near
your
neck of the woods Bob. Possibly Bugle nursery but just cant remember. Any
ideas on where to get same? (For growing my show parsnips in)
ps If anyone else knows of a supply (I'm Near Kingston-on Thames) I'd be
grateful.

I'll keep my eyes open for you, I don't know that nursery (which I think
is in Halliford and didn't the old owner die a few years back?) and I
haven't seen any barrels for sale for some time. If I get a chance I'll
drive over that way for a look see and let you know.

Went over to the Bugle Nursery today to see if they had any barrels etc.
It's rather a sad place with all the polytunnels etc derelict, the whole
place run down. It seems to only have hundreds of Christmas trees for sale,
not even a sales office I could see, and the disinterested guy I spoke too
said they "don't sell barrels".

--
Regards
Bob