Old 24-11-2005, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Rolawns lawn not taking - been down 4 weeks now

The message
from "pied piper" contains these words:
"Kay" wrote in message
In article , pied piper
writes
So all the experts are wrong about fertiliser and you are right dont be so
cynical

I wish people would post reasoning in support of their diktats. The only
way I can judge whether PP's or Mike's advice is the better is by the
supporting arguments and respective posting histories on urg - in this
respect Mike has the edge!

So the last 25 years I have been wrong to feed my golf greens,bowling
greens,cricket squares,football pitches,rugby pitches,ornamental lawns and
various other turf areas.

That rather depends when you were feeding them, with what, and how much.
Yo chip in with a comment and get an adverse reaction, then you come
back with a sweeping statement which has no relevance to the previous
discussion.

You remind me of the person who accused me of 'spreading germs about'
when I squeezed out the washing-up mop and fluffed it out, to allow air
into it.

I told him that it prevented anaerobic bacteria from multiplying amongst
the wet fibres. He really didn't like being contradicted - pointed at
the St' John's badge on his uniform and asked: "What do you think this
is?"

What the knowall didn't know was that I also had a St. John's
certificate, and knew that such topics were no part of the first-aid
syllabus...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/