Old 25-11-2005, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar

Default How do you get rid of Moles?

In article ,
says...
The local township agents always said that this is why they leave the barn
as opposed to dying in it when you use the Blue Death that they distribute.
Preferring to believe the local officials over some guy on usenet
some guy over the Internet? me? It's Lar. If you had fleas in your
barn from the rats I'd bet these same officials would tell you that you
need to treat for fleas two weeks after the initial service to now kill
the ones hatching from eggs.

I looked
around a little this morning and it looks as though the bleeding causes the
thirst, at least according to a few sites, so they may both be right. I
can't believe I spent time looking at that on Thanksgiving... won't waste
any more of my day on it, that's for sure!

web surfing is best done AFTER a good Thanksgiving gorging.

Our problem with Blue Death is that they become accustomed to it if you use
the same thing every year. Found where they used the stuff for bedding once!
We now switch off with Rampage at times though the agents don't give that
kind for free. Rampage is also very good near the house (like near the pole
building we park in) when you see them as it nails them in hours before they
can have litters.
guessing Blue death comes in pellets rather than a block, one of the
downfall of pellets is that it can be moved around, and they will store
it for future food when they can. You do need to be more careful with
the Rampage over the anti coagulant baits though. Secondary poisoning is
more of a non issue with it, but it would be more of a problem for non
target animals getting into the bait. It's a vitamin D3 overdose which
causes mice to have a little mousy heart attack.

Interesting side note, if ya believe in predicting weather the old fashioned
way: Usually they don't make the big move until about the time of the fall
plowing but they started moving indoors a good month ahead of time in spite
of a warm fall. At one time that would have indicated a harsh winter ahead,
but today's rats are likely more high tech than that :-)

Usually Fall business in pest control work is when we see the rodent
work being the main stay of income. This year, in the Dallas area
anyway, has been the most Summer rodent work I have seen in 17 years.
Our activity is due to lack of Winter last year...an older female that
would of died in a normal Winter lived on to have a few more
litters..then those litters started having litters 30-45 days later and
it has mushroomed up to being ridiculous on the amount of work this
year.

--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
he surely would of swatted those two flies.

to email....get rid of the BUGS