Old 25-11-2005, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Snowing here too!

On 25/11/05 10:48, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

I can hardly believe my eyes - snow in South Devon in November!
Now.....if it gets windy, this could get interesting!

I think it's wonderful - not seen anything like this for ages and it
hasn't settled in my neighbourhood for at least 18 years. It is
melting quickly and looks as though it will be gone by the afternoon.
I had a peep out back a short while ago and it really does look
incongruous - great leafy bananas covered in snow. Temperatures have
not yet fallen below 1C so I'm not overly concerned about lasting cold
damage. I understand any wind (which has been minimal here) will ease
and shift from a less arctic direction very shortly and the 10 day
outlook for here is improving temperatures reaching the seasonal norm
over the next few days.

The lady who helps us in the house drove over from Torquay this morning
(Cockington way) and said, in a rather superior way, that the snow is *much*
worse over there. ;-) She knows I love the snow and likes to tease me if
they get more of it than we do!
But it's getting very cold here and Ray reckons it's nearly freezing, with
plenty more snow in the sky. Matt rang to order some more oil for the
nursery, just to be on the safe side, and was told that the oil company has
two tankers stuck on the moor! Even Ray is wearing his "Everybody Loves
Raymond" baseball cap today!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk