Old 25-11-2005, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grass free yard in So Cal

On 25 Nov 2005 08:24:42 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Thanks, they had some interesting info on that site, esp. for tree
species. Our climate here is similar to Vegas, I think, perhaps a bit
more rain in winter(?).....

Based on some of the info from snwa.com, I will be considering crape
myrtles (tall types) and queen palms for my landscaping

You will like both...I removed alot of landscape of plants (30 or so)
that caused leaves in the pool. Five trees came out, three to go. I
put in four mature queen palms (36" triple tree and a single 48" box)
and some giant bird of paradise in one corner of the lot, accented by
low voltage lights. It's another world from when I bought the place.
I've added seven more palms (blue fan, pony tail, Mexican fan, etc. I
love the more exotic palms. I'm looking for a few kentia palms now....

Good luck

Oren
excused from saving Universes."