Old 25-11-2005, 02:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jake H.

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:45:22 GMT, John Crichton
wrote:
My Honda is the smoothest running mower I have ever owned. Mine is a
Honda mower (with a Honda Engine of course) and it is very quiet and has
less vibration than any other mower I've ever used. It is very possible
that the motor is not the source of the vibration. An unbalanced blade
will vibrate like hell. Take your blades off and sharpen and balance
them or take them to a mower service place that can do it for you.

The first time I took it back to Sears for the excessive vibration
problem, they supposedly replaced the blade. That made it even worse.

It's unclear to me if they really did anything the second time I took
it back. The repair order says that they *balanced* the blade. The
vibration remained unchanged.

Most folks are speculating that the real problem is a bent or
otherwise defective crankshaft, or possibly a bearing problem, but I
suppose it is possible that their blade balancing efforts were faulty.

I am planning to take it back to a different Sears store this weekend.

Jake