Old 25-11-2005, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Snowing here too!

On 25/11/05 14:06, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

The lady who helps us in the house drove over from Torquay this morning
(Cockington way) and said, in a rather superior way, that the snow is *much*
worse over there. ;-) She knows I love the snow and likes to tease me if
they get more of it than we do!

Well, I don't know what its like down in Cockinton (its a bit of a
frost pocket there) but its fine here - snow on the roofs and a bit
tucked in shady places.

And speaking of frost pockets, that village I used to live in was totally
white with frost the other day, apparently. That's a frost pocket, if you
like!

The sun is out now and it really is quite
pleasant. The 'stat' says 6C which in one way is cold, but for an
arctic blast its quite erm... balmy :| I see they've had it bad on
the moors - but that's what they're there for - to keep the worst
weather away from S. Devon

The A38 seems to be our 'weather barrier' but as I look out of the window,
there are heavy clouds coming from the south west, adding themselves to
those we have over us already. My stepdaughter rang from Plymouth earlier
to say she couldn't see more than two feet out of her office window! We've
had some sun but it's all gone now and the temp is dropping like a stone.
One of the people from Monro's rang us to say he's been stuck on Gossmoor
for more than 3 hours.

Even Ray is wearing his "Everybody Loves Raymond" baseball cap today!

Any excuse - duh I dunno

Yeah, but it's true. ;-)
--
Sacha