Old 25-11-2005, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Snowing here too!

In far west Cornwall, it hovered around 4C most of last night and
through today, with a strong to gale force NNW wind and passing hail
showers. But at about 4pm the wind dropped sharply, veered easterly
for about half an hour and the temperature plummeted. Then it started
to snow. At 6pm the temperature was a whisker above freezing, the wind
had gone back to the north and snow was lying about half an inch deep,
although it now seems to be melting in places. I see the temperature
has actually risen a degree in the last half hour.

We'd managed to avoid the frosts earlier in the week, but not for much
longer I fear. I hope my fleece 'wigwams' over my proteas do the biz,
having survived the gales of last night!

--
Chris