Old 25-11-2005, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Mind your own business

Picking this stuff out of the path is a task I give my boys (8, 5 and 3)

do when they want to "help" in the garden, as it keeps them out of

mischief
and off the borders. It does cling to and cover rocks quite attractively,

so
I tolerate it in one corner. Also, I just found some self-set cyclamen
seedlings amongst S. soleiroli in cracks between some rocks, having failed
utterly to get any seeds to germinate in pots, so it might just have a use
after all.

Duncan

Thanks for that Duncan. Great idea but, my 'boys', well one boy three girls
are house sitting for us for three months and are just a little bit older
than that, like 45, 43, 41 and 33. I don't think I can see them sitting in
the garden picking 'mind your own business' in the cold and dark :-((

Seriously, I feel that the answer is going to be a chemical one and/or give
up some of the beds and either turf or hard landscape with walls etc.

One of the neighbours membraned the front garden and pea gravelled (vermin's
toilet) it a couple of years ago. At one point during the summer the myob
had covered about 60% and looked almost like a lawn :-((

Mike