Old 25-11-2005, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default It's snowing!!

"Sacha" wrote
It really is. We've got some cover on the lawn, though the cedar tree
protects the grass underneath its canopy and snow is lying on paths,
hedges
etc. I can hardly believe my eyes - snow in South Devon in November!
Now.....if it gets windy, this could get interesting!

No snow around here.
Spent the day "Up Town" walking around near St Pauls. A lecture by the
Master of the Templars Church (the vicar), in the actual Church, on the
"DaVinci Code" then a visit to other local sites, Temple Bar, St Bride of
Fleet St (the wedding cake church*) where, by coincidence, a choir were
practicing for a concert tonight, the Olde Cheshire Cheese pub (renovated
1667), Dr Johnson's House, ..... what an incredible heritage we have.

Bloody cold wind! What a day to choose!

* it was a local baker that looked out of his window at the steeple and
copied the tiered form for his famous wedding cakes which caught on
nationwide and have now become traditional.
--
Regards
Bob