Old 26-11-2005, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Novice questions re growing tomatoes from seed

The message M6Lhf.621948$tl2.302927@pd7tw3no
from "**bg**" contains these words:

From many floors up (covered balcony facing west, max about 8 hours sun in
summer), on the west coast of Canadar, we are figuring folks in yer
climb at
this ng will have some advice 4us...

Planning to start some plants from seeds early next year. Have had success
in the past, but find they get a bit leggy indoors during early months.

Wondering if anyone has experience at starting them later, say right
outdoors, in containers, from seed.

Yes - here, they don't do too well. Certainly this summer, I put out
tomatoes only a little late, and most of the plants were dying off
before I'd had three tomatoes from seven plants.

Where you are, you might be better off though.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/