Old 26-11-2005, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default It's snowing!!

On 25 Nov 2005 10:28:38 -0800, "
wrote:

quote..by the by does anyone know how hardy oestopernums ( not sure of

spelling) are as mine have wilted heavily with the frost.

Depends on the variety. I had one in Lincolnshire for years, not sure
which as it came as a cutting from my father, took everything the
weather could thow at it including being frozen for days at a time,
best to just leave it and see. Plenty in full flower here at the
moment.

Mike

The white and pale pastel pink flowered ones seem hardier than those
with darker colours. Many of the latter are recent introductions and
have names that suggest they were bred in central Africa. Not
surprisingly, they're not hardy.

--
Chris