Old 26-11-2005, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Tbouchina

On 26/11/05 15:23, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

Please can anyone give me any guidance as to how hardy or otherwise
Tibouchina is?
I have one about 2 feet tall. I have brought it into a bedroom.
A friend who has a sheltered walled garden in Bristol left hers out
all last winter, and has not done more than cover it with fleece in
this recent cold spell.
I do have the offer of an unheated greenhouse. Which would be better?

We don't leave them outside here and I've lost one in a garden in Jersey
when it went to somewhere around -4. I think that even in an unheated
greenhouse it could be at risk but others may have different experiences.
Ours are kept in a large greenhouse where the heating comes on automatically
if the temp drops below freezing. Perhaps the greenhouse *and* a cosy
fleece blanket? ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk