Old 26-11-2005, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Tbouchina

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Please can anyone give me any guidance as to how hardy or otherwise
Tibouchina is?
I have one about 2 feet tall. I have brought it into a bedroom.
A friend who has a sheltered walled garden in Bristol left hers out
all last winter, and has not done more than cover it with fleece in
this recent cold spell.
I do have the offer of an unheated greenhouse. Which would be better?

Pam in Bristol

I lost one to freezing temps.

The one I have now has been pruned hard and put in the (just about) frost free
GH. I have to prune it right back or I can't get it in. It grows back every year
and flowers rather late. In fact it was still in bloom today when I rescued it
:~)
Jenny