Old 27-11-2005, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Dwayne

Default new garden

Sand, peat moss, compost, top soil (if you can find some that isn't clay),
and you might toss in some potting mix. I use 1/3 sand, 1/3 compost, and
1/3 topsoil. If you cant get top soil, get potting soil that is mostly dirt
rather than the manufactured stuff. If you are making an asparagus bed, I
would add about 8 inches of cow manure in the bottom and cover it with two
inches of your mix, add the roots, and cover them with an additional 6
inches of your mix.

Dwayne

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have constructed a raised rose bed. Me and my wife live in
Charlotte, NC and we have constructed a raise bed. My natural land is
nothing but clay. We were wondering if anybody may have a suggestion
as to what kind of dirt mixture to fill the raise bed with in order to
get the greatest benifit of the bed?
Thanks Joe