Old 26-11-2005, 09:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default UPDATE ON MY POND

"The Space Boss" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's been a while since I posted here, but just an update:

I got two filters/pumps installed in my pond. It took a while, but the
water seems to be a LOT CLEANER now, and much less smelly.

## Smelly? I hope you removed all the mulm and rotting stuff on the bottom
and not just stir it up by turning a pump on.

And I'm sure
the fish appreciate the oxygen.

The other day, I noticed one of my fish was dead. When I fished him
out, he looked, shall we say, a little PLUMP!!!

## Pine-cone disease?

Could it be I'm feeding
the fish too much?? I feed them twice a day usually, pretty good
helpings if they seem to be really hungry. They don't seem to be as
hungry as it gets colder.

## What is the temp of your water? Once it hits the low 50s you should stop
feeding them.

The lilly pads are dying and decaying now. Should I fish them out of
the pond to keep it clean, or should I let the fish feed off the
decaying pads?

## Only starving fish would eat rotting lily pads. You should remove
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: