Old 26-11-2005, 10:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default concrete on bottom?

You will bless the day you chose to do smooth concrete, sloping very gently
to your filter pickup point. Swimming fish and flow move muck to the
filter. Works ideally in our 2900 gal main pond. Rocks make sweeping a
pain, hurt feet and collect muck. Don't be tempted!

Jim
"powlus" powlusr at ptd dot net wrote in message
I'm building my first pond next spring---10'X12' for goldfish, no Koi.

Has anyone tried concrete on the bottom with rocks set in the top? Do you
recommend it? Is it worth the extra effort/cost?

Robin

The Poconos, PA