Old 27-11-2005, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default illegal orchids or orchid smuggling.....

I just emailed the AOS judging committee and asked them. We'll see what
they say.

K Barrett

Pat Brennan wrote:
Thanks Steve, but I guess I worded the question wrong. Everyone considered
that kovachii and the others displayed that day to be a legal plants. What
I was asking about was plants that the US considers illegal but other
countries consider legal. For example, if a hangianum cross is displayed at
next years IPA in Taiwan, would AOS judges consider it?

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message

Pat Brennan wrote:

Does any one know the answers to these?

When AOS judges in foreign countries are only plants legal in the US
considered?

This should answer that one:

"This species received its first American Orchid Society award at the Club
Peruana de Orquideas show in Lima, Peru in October 2003: Phragmipedium
kovachii 'Mem. Grimanesa Manrique', CHM/AOS (94 points)."

Quoted from: http://autrevie.com/Articles/Phrag_kovachii.html

Steve