Old 27-11-2005, 03:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
news group

Default gravel on bottom?

Skip the gravel or rocks. They will only cause you grief in the short
and long run. VERY difficult to clean. Even the very large, smooth,
round river stones make things difficult when it comes to cleaning. the
only place I have stones in my bog and stream. Even then, only a few to
hold down certain plants.
W. Dale
powlus wrote:

I'm building my first pond next spring---10'X10'X3' kidney shape for
goldfish, no Koi. Should I put gravel on the bottom or leave it clear. I
have heard conflicting information on this. If yes, what size and how deep?

Robin
The Poconos, PA