Old 27-11-2005, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Storing unplanted plants over winter (Gunnera)

Hi

I recently ordered a gunnera manicata by mail order. I wasn't expecting
it to be delivered before spring, but anyway, it's turned up now - a
small but healthy-looking stump in a 3" pot.

How should I store this over winter? Would it be OK at the back of the
shed? Or is it likely to get eaten by something? Does it need to be
kept moist? Should it be in the dark or light? Warm or cool? Kept
wrapped in its cardboard box that it was delivered in? Or taken out?

Thanks for any advice. I really am not sure what to do with it!

Cheers

Will