Old 27-11-2005, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Wisteria as standard

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Is anyone else growing Wisterias as standards? We have one on the big lawn
and I want to plant two more. But we have a mild argument occasionally as to
whether to just give them a stake and let them go straight up it or whether
to make a three or four spoked frame and trail branches over that, thus
forcing a broader crown eventually. What does the panel think?

Three or four? How many acres are you hoping to shade?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/