Old 27-11-2005, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default It's snowing!!

"middleton.walker" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

.
"middleton.walker" wrote in message
news

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:44:41 +0000, Klara wrote:

That sounds great - everyone would be a lot safer if that were
required, say, for all new young drivers!

Have seen numerous comments re accidents from the snow etc. have a
question...just curious....does the annual auto inspection govern the
minimum tire tread allowed as one of the conditions of passing the
test?.....H

Yes.

At the test a couple of years ago, my car was getting low on Tyre tread
and
I asked the same question BEFORE I booked the car in. As a matter of
satisfaction to myself, I fitted new tyres all round :-))

On a trye question. What are people's views on retreads and their use on
Motorways? (Private cars, not the lorries, that one answers itself when
you
conside the amount of 'complete retreads' stripped off :-(( )

Mike
The truth will prevail

Would not touch a retread (tyre, that is) with a proverbial barge
pole...and not even on local roads.

Although this not an area of my expertise I can say that round here no one
seems to sell remoulds on the basis that cheap new budget tyres are more
cost effective