Old 27-11-2005, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Stockdale

Default Wisteria as standard

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 27/11/05 16:29, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote...
Is anyone else growing Wisterias as standards? We have one on the big
lawn
and I want to plant two more. But we have a mild argument occasionally
as
whether to just give them a stake and let them go straight up it or
whether
to make a three or four spoked frame and trail branches over that, thus
forcing a broader crown eventually. What does the panel think?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

The two in our garden have been grown on the platted stem system.
There is a thin metal stake at the core of the plat.
One has become a bit leany over but the one shown here is super.
I guess they are about 12 yr old.

http://www.geocities.com/thecanalsho...zzzzzzcopy.jpg

Regards
Pete