Old 27-11-2005, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default It's snowing!!

Mike wrote:
I wouldn't use them for high-speed work. I understand any given
remould has a safe maximum speed rating, though -- some corner of

my
memory is trying to tell me that it's even marked on the tire, but

wouldn't affirm to it.

I think the speed is on the side of new tyres, therefore as a

remould
only redoes the tread bit (I think) the old speed advice would be
null and void.

As a matter of interest what do you term as 'high speed' work? Long
stretches of Motorway with Autocruise set as opposed to a quick

burst
to overtake and then back to 50 ish?

The former; but I'd still only use them for local work, if at all.
This may be a superstition.
--
Mike.